Shanti, Shanti, Bali!
March 12-18, 2018
Shanti is the Sanskrit word for peace. Say it a few times softly and sweetly and feel the vibration of peace fill you up. Now say Shanti, Shanti, Bali, and imagine you and your yoga mat on a journey to one of the most beautiful islands in the world, steeped in spiritual and healing traditions that are infused with peace. That sounds pretty yummy!
The Bali yoga retreat was awesome this year (click here to read my first of many posts about this yoga retreat adventure and to see more photos) and I’ve decided to return back for another retreat in 2018 that will be even more special because it falls during the Balinese New Year celebration on March 17! What that means is that the preceding and following days offer rare highlights and adventures to experience. You will be immersed in the rituals, colorful processions, and the Ngrupuk parades with the Ogoh-Ogoh statues which take place on the eve of Nyepi, a day of silence. We will use this sacred day to come together in silent meditation, devotional yoga, and peaceful contemplation.
If you are seeking time for inward reflection, for setting dreams and intentions, for inspirational asana and meditation practice that will stir your soul and bring you peace, a week just for you – to purify your spirit, nurture yourself with healing practices, savor delicious and healthy food, and experience new adventures, then this is the retreat for you!
Join Maria Santoferraro (Daily Downward Dog) for a spiritual dive (or surf if you prefer) that will deeply immerse you into your yoga practice, as well as the flora, fauna, and rich cultural traditions of Bali, at Bali Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat, recently heralded as Asia’s best and most innovative retreat center.
This week in paradise will provide you the opportunity to experience traditional Balinese healing and purification rituals and participate in an extensive itinerary of authentic excursions that are exceptionally rich in Balinese culture. With the beaches close by there is always the opportunity to jump on a surfboard, go snorkeling, or scuba diving too.
An Ogoh-Ogoh ready for the Parades
The twice-daily yoga practices, suitable for all levels, will be infused with Maria’s joyous and inspirational teachings, allowing you time for reflection, healing, and transformation. The morning yoga session will be held in Floating Leaf’s gorgeous outdoor sanctuary with sweeping views of Holy Mt. Agung as well as the Indian Ocean and Bali’s outlying islands. Your afternoons can be full of adventures that will immerse you in the Balinese culture. Or, take that time to rest and relax at the chromotherapy healing pool with built-in loungers and water hammocks or the beach. Each day will end with relaxing yoga sessions that include restorative yoga, myofascial release, Reiki, and different forms of meditation including Yoga Nidra.
Check out this list of awesOMe included retreat activities:
- Daily morning vinyasa flow & meditation with Maria (yoga schedule varies in keeping with excursions)
- Evening sunset restorative yoga & meditation with Maria
- Festive Welcome Dinner includes a buffet feast of local and international delicacies, pre-dinner cocktail party with local musicians playing traditional bamboo gamelan and dancing. Join in the fun, learn how to play the gamelan, and dance along too!
- Welcome to Bali presentation will offer helpful tips on culture, religion, manners and customs, currency, and basic Indonesian phrases – all while you enjoy breakfast.
- Balinese offerings class where you will learn the meaning and symbology behind this sacred daily ritual using natural materials and flowers. Participants are encouraged to bring something of meaning to include in their offering that will be given the following day during a cleansing and purification ceremony at Bali’s most holy spring temple.
- Guided purification ritual at Tempak Siring Water Temple, the most sacred water spring temple in Bali
- One Balinese Massage Spa Treatment in the award-winning Melati Spa at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat
- Day trip to Ubud – Stroll around one of Bali’s most popular destinations. There are so many possibilities, including a visit to the Sacred Monkey Forest, shops, mouth-watering restaurants, museums, hikes, dance performances, temples, rice terraces, and more.
- Cleansing Ritual and Purification Ceremony – A very special evening with a private Melukat Ceremony held at Floating Leaf. This traditional Balinese ritual of purification, including heaps of offerings and cleansing with holy water, is led by a Balinese High Priest. He will administer several rituals, and each participant will receive a tri-colored Balinese bracelet of protection.
- Private session with a gifted Traditional Balinese Healer – Each participant will receive a powerful and insightful 1.5- to 2-hour session.
- Keliki Village Tour – Beginning in a typical rural Balinese village, you will visit a home to get a feel for Balinese architecture, daily household life, and common activities. Keliki is renowned for its highly detailed paintings of everyday village life as well as Balinese Hindu deities. In the village, you can visit artists’ homes and studios. They will show the stages of the Keliki style painting. The Keliki master painter and head of the school will personally lead us on a tour. By walking around the village, you will experience the color, serenity, and beauty of everyday Balinese life in a rural setting.
- A professional personal shopping excursion to a silversmithing village, Batik workshops, master woodcarvers and more. Your guide will help you find the best workshops, prices, and quality.
- Coffee Plantation Tour – Stroll the grounds and sample healthy teas and coffees.
- Farewell Dinner Celebration – A festive send-off including a cocktail party, buffet feast, musicians, and dancing. May include traditional Joget Dancers and local gamelan orchestra.
Accommodations are in the modern eco-luxury garden or pool-view rooms with private baths, available for single or double occupancy. While at Floating Leaf, you’ll enjoy three delicious meals with some of the food coming fresh from the on-site organic garden.
Come to Bali with a sense of adventure and an open heart, enjoy the richness and traditions of a land steeped in ancient and mystical culture, experience the Indonesian island’s healing energy, and leave transformed – ready to rock your newfound bliss!
What is included:
- Airport pick-up and drop-off (available 8 am – 9 pm on day of arrival and departure. After-hours transport is available with a $25 surcharge.)
- Deluxe eco-luxury hotel accommodation with private bathroom, private patios, fans, and air-conditioning.
- Three healthy meals per day – organic and permaculture grown whenever possible (Dietary restrictions and food allergies can be accommodated with advance notice.)
- Fresh tropical fruit served daily
- Unlimited complimentary filtered drinking water. Tea and coffee will be served free of charge during meals.
- Welcome drink, refreshing face towel, and welcome foot massage upon arrival
- Three rooftop terraces offering dramatic views of the Indian Ocean, Bali’s majestic volcanoes, and the surrounding rice fields
- Complete expert concierge services to assist you in planning additional adventures and activities
- Daily housekeeping
- The Ultimate Bali Travel Guide – an 80+ page handbook filled with everything you need to know about visiting Bali
- All yoga classes with Maria
- All excursions (except those marked optional)
- Free high-speed wireless internet
- Guide fee, gas, tolls, and driver per itinerary
- In-room safe/lock box
- Airfare to Denpasar (DPS)
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Additional spa services *10% discount on all spa services for retreat participants
- Optional activities which include surfing, scuba, snorkeling, Balinese dance classes, horseback riding on the beach, cultural excursions, waterfalls, Balinese cooking classes, learning any of the Balinese arts from a master artist, and more
- Snacks and additional meals
- Wine and alcohol
- Cappuccinos, lattes, and other premium coffee drinks
- Healthy fresh juices, elixirs, smoothies, and more
Rooms are sold on a first-come, first served basis with Pool Rooms booking first, followed by Garden Rooms.
Early Bird Pricing Through August 31, 2017
Double Occupancy $1,875
Single Occupancy $2,499
Pricing Beginning September 1, 2017
Double Occupancy $2,025
Single Occupancy $2,725
If you are traveling alone and would like to be paired up with another retreat guest for double occupancy, please let us know and we will make an effort to pair you with another matching participant. Both parties must agree to room together. If we are unable to pair you with another guest the single occupancy rate will apply.Prices include taxes and fees. Please review the Terms & Conditions before making your reservation.
Deposit and Final Payment Policy
Step 1) A $500 non-refundable deposit is required per person to reserve your retreat space. Click the PayPal button below to make your payment, or contact Maria about paying via check.
Step 2) Once we’ve received your deposit, you will be contacted to confirm room selection, dietary restrictions, and with travel arrival/departure logistics
Step 3) Final payment is due on January 1, 2018. You will be invoiced and can pay by check or online with PayPal.
All payments are non-refundable. In the event of cancellation on our side, your entire payment will be refunded. Prices include taxes and fees.