Healthy Mind, Body, Soul 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training. Are you ready to take the next step on your yoga journey? It’s time to advance your practice, become immersed in the philosophy and teachings of each of the eight limbs of yoga, and dedicate yourself to a journey to the self that will help you discover a place of authenticity, confidence, and love.
Whether you want to deepen your personal yoga practice or begin teaching to share the joy, this program will provide the tools you need to connect with yoga on another level. The Healthy Mind, Body, Soul Yoga Teacher Training follows Yoga Alliance’s standards; in other words, it’s a Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance. Students who successfully complete the program will be eligible to become Registered Yoga Teachers (RYTs) with Yoga Alliance.
Your guide and mentor through this training is Maria Santoferraro, E-RYT 500, an experienced yoga teacher who has dedicated over 2,500 hours to sharing yoga in classes, workshops, and on international yoga retreats. The extensive course of study will provide students with guided yoga instruction and the knowledge required to prepare fluid and well-sequenced, alignment-based yoga, meditation, and pranayama classes to a variety of audiences in the hatha, vinyasa, and restorative yoga styles. You’ll become an ambassador of how to live life with a healthy mind, body, and soul. To enhance the richness of this Healthy Mind, Body, Soul Yoga Teacher Training, Maria will be joined by guest teachers Anne Ondrey MSW E-RYT, Tracy Rhinehart E-RYT 500, Mary Pat Murphy E-RYT 500, Dr. Sharon Stills NMD, and Sarah Greenawalt Certified Reiki Master.
The curriculum includes:
- Yoga history and philosophy of yoga
- Guided practice including instruction on how to teach asana, pranayama, meditation, mudras, and chanting
- Body assessment, assisting and modifications, and effective use of props
- Hands-on experience teaching and assisting students
- Basics of Sanskrit and proper pronunciation of Sanskrit asana names and chants
- Overview of anatomy as it relates to yoga, delivered in a way that is accessible and easily understood by students
- Energy anatomy including chakras, koshas, and bhandas
- The business aspects of yoga
- How to differentiate yourself as a teacher
- Understanding of the different styles of yoga
- Bhakti Yoga: the yoga of love and devotion
- The practice of Seva (selfless service)
The objectives of the program are to provide yoga teacher trainees with the ability to:
- Confidently and safely guide students through an asana, pranayama, and meditation practice with attention to proper alignment, including modifications for all levels
- Find their voice and speak authentically while sharing the teachings of yoga
- Create compelling and meaningful themes for yoga classes and workshops, woven seamlessly throughout the class
- Develop a class plan with safe and effective sequencing and demonstrations
- Understand the business side of yoga including ethics, professionalism, marketing, scheduling, effective use of social media, creating a website, insurance, Yoga Alliance requirements, and time management
- Understand the modifications required to address mixed-level classes with prenatal, peri-menopausal, menopausal, and elderly populations
- Assess a student’s body and make proper adjustments with both verbal and hands-on adjustments
- Apply the teachings of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Bhagavad Gita, and yamas and niyamas both on and off the yoga mat
- Teach basic restorative poses
- Teach from a place of love for all students and share the benefits of a healthy mind, body, and spirit.
Sequoia Wellness at the New Center (on the Northeast Ohio School of Medicine Campus)
4209 OH-44, Rootstown, OH 44272
Sessions will be held in the state-of-the-art New Center and Sequoia Wellness fitness studios.
2017-18 Program Dates to be announced soon. Please contact Maria for more information.
Training will be conducted from November 20, 2016 through May 20, 2017 on these dates:
Sunday, Nov 20 | 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
December 3 & 4 | 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
January 14 & 15 | 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
February 11 & 12 | 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
March 11 & 12 | 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
April 22 & 23 | 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
May 20 & 21 | 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Wednesday Evenings 2016: November 30 & December 7, 14 | 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Wednesday Evenings 2017: January 4 to May 17 | 6:00 – 9:00 pm (no classes Jan 25, March 22 & 29)
The Wednesday evening sessions may be attended either in-person at Sequoia Wellness or online via live-streaming (a computer with internet access will be required by the participant.)
$2,850 Tuition for the 200-hour program includes:
- 200+ hour teacher training course
- All books, including the Healthy Mind, Body, Soul Yoga Teacher Training manual
- Healthy boxed lunch and drinks (vegetarian, gluten-free, and meat options available) for each weekend day session
- Access to use Sequoia Wellness fitness facility on days of training + 5 additional visits throughout the Healthy Mind, Body, Soul Yoga Teacher Training program
Ready to take the next step?
Please contact Maria Santoferraro at firstname.lastname@example.org or (330) 289-7026 to receive the enrollment application form via email.
Registration deadline: Friday, September 15, 2017
Additional questions and requests for information are welcome!
An enrollment application must be submitted and approved prior to acceptance into the Healthy Mind, Body, Soul Yoga Teacher Training Program. Interested students should have an established yoga practice, be committed to attend all sessions, and complete outside reading, study, and assignments. Upon acceptance, a $500 non-refundable deposit is due to hold your spot. Full payment is required by October 1.
Once the program begins, the program tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable. If for any reason the training program is cancelled prior to the start date, all tuition and deposits will be refunded.
Participants are required to attend all sessions in order to fulfill the Yoga Alliance requirements. There will be opportunities to make up missed sessions within one year of the initial training start date, or through private sessions with Maria, attendance at pre-approved workshops with other teachers that may be at the students expense.
HEALTHY MIND, BODY, SOUL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING STUDENTS: Login to the Student Center