Rootstown/Akron | Sequoia Wellness at Northeast Ohio Medical University | see below for tentative 2018-19 dates
Columbus/New Albany | The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center’s Health & Fitness Center | November 2017 – June 2018 – click here for program dates and information.
Healthy Mind, Body, Soul 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training. Are you ready to take the next step on your yoga journey? It’s time to advance your practice, become immersed in the philosophy and teachings of each of the eight limbs of yoga, and dedicate yourself to a journey to the self that will help you discover a place of authenticity, confidence, and love.
Whether you want to deepen your personal yoga practice or begin teaching to share the joy, this program will provide the tools you need to connect with yoga on another level. The Healthy Mind, Body, Soul Yoga Teacher Training follows Yoga Alliance’s standards; in other words, it’s a Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance. Students who successfully complete the program will be eligible to become Registered Yoga Teachers (RYTs) with Yoga Alliance.
Your guide and mentor through this training is Maria Santoferraro, E-RYT 500, an experienced yoga teacher who has dedicated over 2,500 hours to sharing yoga in classes, workshops, and on international yoga retreats. The extensive course of study will provide students with guided yoga instruction and the knowledge required to prepare fluid and well-sequenced, alignment-based yoga, meditation, and pranayama classes to a variety of audiences in the Hatha, vinyasa, and restorative yoga styles. You’ll become an ambassador of how to live life with a healthy mind, body, and soul. To enhance the richness of this Healthy Mind, Body, Soul Yoga Teacher Training, Maria will be joined by guest teachers Anne Ondrey MSW E-RYT, Tracy Rhinehart E-RYT 500, Mary Pat Murphy E-RYT 500, Dr. Sharon Stills NMD, and Sarah Greenawalt Certified Reiki Master.
The curriculum includes:
- Yoga history and philosophy of yoga
- Guided practice including instruction on how to teach asana, pranayama, meditation, mudras, and chanting
- Body assessment, assisting and modifications, and effective use of props
- Hands-on experience teaching and assisting students
- Basics of Sanskrit and proper pronunciation of Sanskrit asana names and chants
- Overview of anatomy as it relates to yoga, delivered in a way that is accessible and easily understood by students
- Energy anatomy including chakras, koshas, and bhandas
- The business aspects of yoga
- How to differentiate yourself as a teacher
- Understanding of the different styles of yoga
- Bhakti Yoga: the yoga of love and devotion
- The practice of Seva (selfless service)
- Reiki – Level 1 Certification
The objectives of the program are to provide yoga teacher trainees with the ability to:
- Confidently and safely guide students through an asana, pranayama, and meditation practice with attention to proper alignment, including modifications for all levels
- Find their voice and speak authentically while sharing the teachings of yoga
- Create compelling and meaningful themes for yoga classes and workshops, woven seamlessly throughout the class
- Develop a class plan with safe and effective sequencing and demonstrations
- Understand the business side of yoga including ethics, professionalism, marketing, scheduling, effective use of social media, creating a website, insurance, Yoga Alliance requirements, and time management
- Understand the modifications required to address mixed-level classes with prenatal, peri-menopausal, menopausal, and elderly populations
- Assess a student’s body and make proper adjustments with both verbal and hands-on adjustments
- Apply the teachings of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Bhagavad Gita, and yamas and niyamas both on and off the yoga mat
- Teach basic restorative poses
- Teach from a place of love for all students and share the benefits of a healthy mind, body, and spirit.
2016-17 YTT Participants Receiving Their Reiki Level-1 Certification
Sequoia Wellness at the New Center (on the Northeast Ohio Medical University Campus)
4209 OH-44, Rootstown, OH 44272
Sessions will be held in the state-of-the-art New Center and Sequoia Wellness fitness studios.
Schedule for Sequoia Wellness at Northeast Ohio Medical University Program
2018-19 – TENTATIVE PROGRAM DATES
October 19-21 – Friday 6:00-9:00 PM | Saturday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM | Sunday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
November 16-18 – Friday 6:00-9:00 PM | Saturday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM | Sunday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
December 7-9 – Friday 6:00-9:00 PM | Saturday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM | Sunday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
January 4-6 – Friday 6:00-9:00 PM | Saturday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM | Sunday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
February 1-3 – Friday 6:00-9:00 PM | Saturday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM | Sunday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
March 1-3 – Friday 6:00-9:00 PM | Saturday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM | Sunday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
April 5-7 – Friday 6:00-9:00 PM | Saturday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM | Sunday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
April 26-29 – Friday 6:00-9:00 PM | Saturday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM | Sunday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
May 17-19– Friday 6:00-9:00 PM | Saturday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM | Sunday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Early bird pricing through June 1, 2018: $2,950 Tuition for the 200-hour program includes:
- 200+ hour teacher training course
- All books, including the Healthy Mind, Body, Soul Yoga Teacher Training manual
- Healthy boxed lunch and drinks (vegetarian, gluten-free, and meat options available) for each weekend day session
- Access to use Sequoia Wellness fitness facility on days of training + 5 additional visits throughout the Healthy Mind, Body, Soul Yoga Teacher Training program
Please inquire about payment program.
Ready to take the next step?
Please contact Maria Santoferraro at email@example.com to receive the enrollment application form via email. If you would like to be contacted by phone, please provide your number. Additional questions and requests for information are welcome!
An enrollment application must be submitted and approved prior to acceptance into the Healthy Mind, Body, Soul Yoga Teacher Training Program. Interested students should have an established yoga practice, be committed to attending all sessions, and complete outside reading, study, and assignments. Upon acceptance, a $500 non-refundable deposit is due to hold your spot. Full payment is required by October 3.
Once the program begins, the program tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable. If for any reason the training program is canceled prior to the start date, all tuition and deposits will be refunded.
Participants are required to attend all sessions in order to fulfill the Yoga Alliance requirements. There will be opportunities to make up missed sessions within one year of the initial training start date or through private sessions with Maria, or attendance at pre-approved workshops with other teachers that may be at the student’s expense.
“Maria’s yoga teacher training was a true gift- not only to those who participated but to all those who we will teach in the future. Her passion for yoga and compassion for all beings flowed from her and made this a truly wonderful experience. I am not only grateful for her knowledge, but for her willingness to bring in experts in certain fields to assist in the teacher training. Being able to share their knowledge as well enriched the program beyond measure. Maria was there with us every step of the way. I was always amazed at how full our days of training were and how present Maria was during every moment of it. She was always engaging with us, helping us to truly connect with and understand the vast amount of material being covered.” – Allison Shell, 2017 Healthy Mind, Body, Soul YTT Graduate
“Words are not enough to express the gratitude for everything I experienced at the Yoga Teacher Training under Maria’s guidance. The amount of information that I absorbed was mind-blowing and demanding. It was clear from the beginning that this is a serious course. The Anatomy section was fun. I warmly recommend both the Sequoia Wellness Center and the 200-hour YTT course with Maria Santoferraro, it was everything it advertised and more!” – Debbie Cotts, 2017 Healthy, Mind, Body, Soul YTT Graduate
“Maria did a great job of cultivating a beautiful community while teaching us to be yoga teachers. She is full of wisdom and always ready and willing to share her extensive knowledge of yoga to her students. Most of all, Maria loves each of her students and goes above and beyond to care for each one of them!” – Marisa Turner, 2017 Healthy Mind, Body, Soul YTT Graduate
“When I signed up for Maria’s 200-hour yoga teacher training, I was expecting I would learn how to be a yoga teacher and that would be it. I had no idea that Maria was going above and beyond the call of duty to teach everyone in the training not only about yoga, but about health, the origins of yoga, how yoga can be used for so many things, and so much more. Maria brought in a wide variety of other yoga teachers, professionals in the community, and even doctors from across the country to help us in this learning experience. By the end of the 200 hours, I was craving more and came to the conclusion yoga is not just about yoga poses, it is so much more! I highly recommend this program to anyone wanting a well-rounded learning experience from a yoga teacher training program.” – Maddie Abrigg, 2017 Healthy Mind, Body, Soul YTT Graduate
“Maria Santoferraro provided an excellent 200-hour training program – she is exceptionally well-versed in teaching to all levels and making yoga accessible to all students. Maria also provided many other teachers who offered excellent specific expertise which in turn broadened our experience. I am an older student with not an excessive amount of prior yoga experience and I was welcomed wholeheartedly into the program. The experience I had in this training program was amazing. Maria creates a warm inviting yoga training program which I feel has prepared me to go out and begin the next phase of my yoga “life” – that of teaching. I will never forget the lessons she taught us about being prepared and bringing our best selves to our mats and to our classes and how to best provide classes that nourish our students on many levels.” – Pamela Shell, 2017 Healthy Mind, Body, Soul YTT Graduate
HEALTHY MIND, BODY, SOUL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING STUDENTS: Login to the Student Center