Healthy Mind, Body, Soul 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training. Are you ready to take the next step on your yoga journey? It’s time to advance your practice, become immersed in the philosophy and teachings of each of the eight limbs of yoga, and dedicate yourself to a journey to the self that will help you discover a place of authenticity, confidence, and love.
Whether you want to deepen your personal yoga practice or begin teaching to share the joy, this program will provide the tools you need to connect with yoga on another level. The Healthy Mind, Body, Soul Yoga Teacher Training follows Yoga Alliance’s standards; in other words, it’s a Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance. Students who successfully complete the program will be eligible to become Registered Yoga Teachers (RYTs) with Yoga Alliance.
Your guides and mentors through this training are Maria Santoferraro, E-RYT 500, and Mary Pat Murphy E-RYT 500, both experienced yoga teachers who have dedicated thousands of hours to sharing yoga in classes, workshops, teacher trainings at the 200 and 300 level, and on international yoga retreats.
The extensive course of study will provide students with guided yoga instruction and the knowledge required to prepare fluid and well-sequenced, alignment-based yoga, meditation, and pranayama classes to a variety of audiences in the Hatha, vinyasa, and restorative yoga styles. You’ll become an ambassador of how to live life with a healthy mind, body, and soul.
The curriculum includes:
- Yoga history and philosophy of yoga
- Guided practice including instruction on how to teach asana, pranayama, meditation, mudras, and chanting
- Body assessment, assisting and modifications, and effective use of props
- Hands-on experience teaching and assisting students
- Basics of Sanskrit and proper pronunciation of Sanskrit asana names and chants
- Overview of anatomy as it relates to yoga, delivered in a way that is accessible and easily understood by students
- Energy anatomy including chakras, koshas, and bhandas
- The business aspects of yoga
- How to differentiate yourself as a teacher
- Understanding of the different styles of yoga
- Bhakti Yoga: the yoga of love and devotion
- The practice of Seva (selfless service)
- Reiki – Level 1 Certification
The objectives of the program are to provide yoga teacher trainees with the ability to:
- Confidently and safely guide students through an asana, pranayama, and meditation practice with attention to proper alignment, including modifications for all levels
- Find their voice and speak authentically while sharing the teachings of yoga
- Create compelling and meaningful themes for yoga classes and workshops, woven seamlessly throughout the class
- Develop a class plan with safe and effective sequencing and demonstrations
- Understand the business side of yoga including ethics, professionalism, marketing, scheduling, effective use of social media, creating a website, insurance, Yoga Alliance requirements, and time management
- Understand the modifications required to address mixed-level classes with prenatal, peri-menopausal, menopausal, and elderly populations
- Assess a student’s body and make proper adjustments with both verbal and hands-on adjustments
- Apply the teachings of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Bhagavad Gita, and yamas and niyamas both on and off the yoga mat
- Teach basic restorative poses
- Teach from a place of love for all students and share the benefits of a healthy mind, body, and spirit.
Sessions will be held at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center’s Health and Fitness Center and the Philip Heit Center for Healthy New Albany.
150 W. Main Street, New Albany, Ohio 43054 | (614) 685-1820 | www.healthandfitness.osu.edu
Columbus Schedule | 2017-18 Program Dates
Nine weekends with sessions on Friday from 6:00 – 9:00 PM, Saturday from 8:00 – 5:00 PM, and Sunday from 8:00 – 4:00 PM.
Early Bird Pricing paid in full by August 31, 2017: $2,850
Price if paid in full between September 1, 2017, and November 1, 2017: $2,950
Payment Program: $3,100
$500 deposit to secure space, non-refundable unless program is canceled, and then six payments of $433 due on the first of the month in Dec, Jan, Feb, March, April, and May.
Tuition for the 200-hour program includes:
- 200+ hour teacher training course and course manual
- Access to use Health and Fitness Center facility on days of training and 5 additional visits throughout the teacher training program
Ready to take the next step?
Please contact Maria Santoferraro at email@example.com or (330) 289-7026 to receive the enrollment application form via email.
Registration deadline: November 1, 2017
Additional questions and requests for information are welcome!
An enrollment application must be submitted and approved prior to acceptance into the Healthy Mind, Body, Soul Yoga Teacher Training Program. Interested students should have an established yoga practice, be committed to attending all sessions, and complete outside reading, study, and assignments. Upon acceptance, a $500 non-refundable deposit is due to hold your spot. Full payment is required by November 1.
Once the program begins, the program tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable. If for any reason the training program is canceled prior to the start date, all tuition and deposits will be refunded.
Participants are required to attend all sessions in order to fulfill the Yoga Alliance requirements. There will be opportunities to make up missed sessions within one year of the initial training start date or through private sessions with Maria or Mary Pat, or attendance at pre-approved workshops with other teachers that may be at the student’s expense.