Have you always wanted to practice yoga but just don’t like the idea of practicing in a large group or yoga class? Or, maybe your schedule’s so busy that you just can’t make it to a studio?
If you are seeking personalized yoga instruction in a supportive and fun environment, with sessions tailored to meet your needs, then you may want to consider private yoga sessions.
I will work with you to develop a practice that meets your needs. These sessions will leave you with a core foundation to continue your yoga practice either in a personal practice or class setting.
Here are a few great reasons to try private yoga sessions:
- Beginners. In a private yoga session, you’ll receive individualized attention as you learn the basic yoga postures and breathing techniques with an emphasis on alignment and safety.
- Take Your Practice to a New Level. Build on your current practice and work on new asanas, improve the breath, learn how to meditate, or take a deeper dive into the philosophy and teachings of yoga.
- Strengthen the [Fill in the Blank]. Got a part of the body that is injured or weak? I will guide you through addressing specific imbalances in your body and develop a yoga program that will meet those needs. I especially like to work with students with back pain or scoliosis, because I have personally benefitted from yoga to relieve the back pain I’ve experienced due to scoliosis.
- Small group. Gather a group of your closest friends, family, or co-workers that have always wanted to try yoga, and I can tailor a small group class especially for you.
- Yoga party! Girls’ night out, birthday party, family reunion, you name it. Come up with a reason to get a great group of people together, and I’ll put together a yoga class to fit the occasion. Classes can include asanas, breathing exercises, guided meditation, yoga nidra, and mini-massage.
Individual, small group, and party yoga sessions can be held at any time that is convenient for you. Rates for private sessions are available and are based on time, travel distance, and content of the class. Contact Maria Santoferraro at (330) 289-7026 or via email at [email protected] for pricing and additional information.
“My recovery from back surgery has been immensely helped by Maria’s research and a private session where she worked one-on-one with me to make sure she addressed and adapted each yoga pose to coax out the very best from me. Thank you also, Maria, for what you referred to as simply a handout. It is so much more than that! The attention to detail on these pages — concise instructions and photos geared specifically to my body’s limitations and abilities – is of inestimable value. I greatly appreciate and will always use the information as a part of my rest-of-life routine. I am sincerely grateful.” – Dayle Davis
“In addition to Maria’s uberrelaxing beach classes, I have had a couple private sessions as part of my rehab for a back issue. Maria tailored the sessions to my needs while being very mindful of my limitations. The poses she selected for my practices were quite gentle, and she provided modifications when the need arose. I was surprised when each hour was over because the time flew by. I didn’t feel like I had worked out yet felt renewed and six inches taller for days afterward! An added gift was receiving detailed write-ups of my sessions so I can do them on my own. Maria’s gentle nature and infectious spirit always have me looking forward to our next meeting.” –Paige Sanders